Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Specs


Garrett got his glasses today. This is the first time he ever had them. He had been telling me for a while that he couldn't see but the bad mom that I am, I just kept forgetting about it. No surprise, when we went to the eye doctor he needed glasses. My poor kids have no chance with me and Blaine as their parents. I have had glasses since I was about Garrett's age. Blaine hasn't had them for as long but has lots worse vision and eye problems.


Blaine has keratoconus in both of his eyes and on August 24, 2007, he had a cornea transplant on his left eye. Unfortunately keratoconus is highly genetic so we will be watching closely for that.

In the meantime, Garrett is loving his glasses. The first thing out of his mouth was "Wow! I can read that sign way over there!" While I was sad for my firstborn to have to get glasses, he was excited to see again. Vision is a wonderful thing.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

He looks adorable!!! :)

Beckie said...

OOh they are just too cute on him! I caught him on the way out the door this morning!! They make him look older!!!

Ryan said...

He looks so grown up!

Marshall Mom said...

I noticed the new specks on Sunday. He is so handsome!!!