Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Blaine!

Ok, I know I am late posting this. March was busy and I was out of energy. Now its April, raining like crazy outside and I'm spending a lazy day at home with my two youngest kids. What better thing to do than update your blog? I thought so...



This year for Blaine's birthday, we had planned to go away for the weekend. We planned this a long time ago and so we were bummed when circumstances changed and we couldn't afford to go anywhere. So instead, we stayed home. Just Blaine and me. My mom took the kids Friday night and we had the evening, night and all day Saturday to ourselves. It was heavenly.

Blaine didn't want to go out to eat so we stayed home, cooked steaks and watched a movie. It was so relaxing. We rarely watch movies (we get so far behind on new movies its almost not worth it to try to catch up). We watched this one for free (Yippee!) and just had a really relaxing night. The next day we had an appointment with our accountant (I know-not on the top of your birthday to do list) but it was over quickly and was painless. We spent the rest of the day doing basically nothing, went to a home and garden show, watched another movie and just rested. AND THE HOUSE STAYED CLEAN!!

Later that evening, we went to my parent's house for a birthday party for Blaine. We had dinner and cake/ice cream. Blaine got to light all 35 candles on his cupcakes. The kids had made them especially for him and were excited to help him blow out the candles.


Happy Birthday Babe! Glad we got to spend a wonderful 24 hours together!
Thanks to all who helped make this happen. It was a great gift for both of us.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Happy Birthday - I love the 24 hours away -- always a nice break!!