Friday, August 19, 2011

A few things about my kids

Because I use this blog as a journal of sorts, I thought I should jot down some things I've noticed about each one of my kids lately.

Garrett:
He is 9 and will be in the 4th grade this year. He wears glasses and has blue eyes and is learning to play the piano. He loves to ride his bike. He loves to go work with Grandpa and has a pair of work boots, irrigating boots, and a pair of gloves to take with him when he goes. He is such a good kid and works hard to do the right thing. He helps out a lot around the yard and the house. He is strong and can lift heavy things and open lids (especially for Grandma Great!). He is getting big and independent but still likes to sit close to mom or dad and have a story read to him.


Hannah:
She is turning 5 in September but won't go to kindergarten until next year. She loves to write letters and words and loves to type on the computer. She loves to draw pictures of our family. Her pictures make me laugh because everyone has a bellybutton. She has dark brown eyes and long hair that she lets me braid. She loves anything princess and loves to sing. She has a loud voice. Very loud. We have to remind her to use her "inside voice". She likes to play house and has just discovered that her doll can go potty...for real. She is a meat eater. She is very dramatic. She loves to have stories read to her and likes to snuggle close to mom and dad.

Ryan:
He is 2 right now and will turn 3 in November. He has huge brown eyes and tons of dark brown hair. He needs a haircut more often than anyone else in the family. He is working on using the potty instead of diapers. He loves to play with Hannah and likes to do whatever she does-including dressing up like a princess, wearing high heels and using makeup. He sits on the counter when I put on my makeup and puts some on too. He knows where everything goes. He has just started telling me that "me too little" if he doesn't want to do something or if he is scared. He also tells me "that makes me sick" if he doesn't want to eat something. It makes me laugh. He loves nursery and church and will take himself to nursery most days. He likes to "jump high" on the trampoline. He also likes to be read to but won't wait until you are done with the page before he is turning it!

Blake:
He will be 1 month old in a few days. He is getting bigger but is still a skinny little guy. He still has his dark hair but I'm thinking his eyes will be a dark blue. He is a mellow baby. Doesn't cry unless he needs something. He tolerates his pacifier. He loves his bottle and drinks 4 ounces at time. He just started taking tub baths and is still trying to decide if he likes them or not. He is a good sleeper and loud noises don't bother him much. He wakes up at 3 am every day. Usually its the only time during the night that he wakes up. He is more alert, focuses on you better and has started to smile. He has a dimple in his left cheek and his smile lights up his whole face. He likes to lay on the bed and just stretch and kick. He also likes to snuggle. He still curls up into a ball when you lay him on your shoulder. He fits perfectly against me this way.

I love my kids so much! They are the highlight of my life and I'm glad I took the time to write down some things about each one. I'll appreciate it later.


3 comments:

Purcellville said...

Awesome post Jodi! They are good kids we love them oodles!

Natalie said...

So cute! You have adorable kids, Jodi. :)

Cindy said...

cute idea to write down little things about each one. you will definitely appreciate it later on.