Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentine's Day 2013 turned out to be a really great day.   The kids were in good moods because they were excited about class parties and the dinner surprise I had planned for them.   I was excited because I'd actually planned something in advance and knew they'd love it!

Our dinner table looked like this.  Tablecloth and everything.   The kids' treats were on their plates along with Valentines from Grandma.  The kids were very excited to see their treats, especially the bottle of red stuff and the red and white striped straws.


The day before I'd put together these bottles of Love Potion No. 9 for them.  (Not that they know what that means-anybody seen the movie-but they loved it!).

The night before, I put this together and had it in the car for Blaine to find when he got in to go to work.  A little snack he could munch on during the day.  I think he liked it.  

For dinner we had chicken enchiladas with sweet rice and for dessert, we had molten lava cakes.  Blake was helping me by licking the measuring cup I used to scoop the batter with.  Yummy and dark chocolatey!

We're so glad when Daddy comes home!    (We waited for him for dinner and by the time he gets home at 8, kids and Mommies start to melt down.  We need our Daddy and dinner). 

My sweet, funny, crazy, loud, loving, best-thing-that-ever-happened-to-me, Valentines!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Wow - that turned out amazing- way to go -- way to plan something-- !!!