Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When the family gets together...

Last night after Blaine got home from work, we had family home evening.  This doesn't happen as often as it should or as often as the kids would like but it happened last night.  I assigned Garrett the lesson.  He chose a lesson on The Title of Liberty from the Book of Mormon.  I was so proud of him.  He prepared the lesson and even had a visual aid.  (He loves this story because he had a great primary teacher last year who brought in a shirt, ripped it and wrote on it.  Garrett will never forget it.)   Garrett's visual aid was a white t-shirt turned inside out and he has printed out the words that were on the Title of Liberty and taped them on his shirt (so as not to ruin it, he said) and placed it on his wooden sword.  He held it up while he read us a story about it.  The other kids thought it was pretty cool.  I thought it was pretty cool!  I'm so proud of this kid!

The rest of FHE was pretty standard, we read a scripture, sang a song, played a game and had treats.  It was a great night overall and the kids had fun.  I am still so impressed with my oldest, though.  What a great boy he is and what a great missionary he'll be!!

2 comments:

Purcellville said...

He is amazing! So glad my boys have him to look up to. We love you Garrett! Good job!

Beckie said...

That is amazing- What a great idea!! He's a good kid!