Thursday, February 12, 2009

Making Bread

So, for anyone who doesn't know, Blaine and I love to cook. It is our favorite hobby. We like trying out new recipes or perfecting a restaurant recipe at home. I like to bake but haven't had much luck in the past with yeast breads. A few weeks ago my mom went to a demonstration at the church. They were demonstrating bread. The lady made 4 loaves of bread in 1 hour, start to finish. The breaded is kneaded by a mixer (like Bosch or KitchenAid) and raises for 25 min. and then bakes for 25 min. This sounded like a great idea to me. I love homemade bread! The bread contains liquid soy lecithin, which, I'm not exactly sure what that is but I've heard of it before. So, today I made some bread. I made white bread today and it turned out beautifully. The other day I made 100% whole wheat bread and it turned out great too. My mother-in-law was here and tried some and said she thought it was the best whole wheat bread she had ever had. (I consider that a huge compliment since she makes bread like every week.) So, I am excited about this bread recipe, mostly because of my track record of having trouble with the yeast breads. This one seems fool proof...although, I only make 1/2 a batch because my KitchenAid mixer can't handle the whole batch. I think it hates me with 1/2 batch. It really works hard to get the dough kneaded. I hope it doesn't burn out the motor cuz I really like making (and eating) this bread. I took a picture of my gorgeous bread for all to see but for some reason they wouldn't upload to blogger. Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it...they turned out pefect!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Hooray for wonderful picture perfect bread-- you can always go and modify your posts and see if the picture will come up now!

Hailey Jones said...

That makes me hungry for bread! I'll have to get the recipe from you, I too have problems making bread. Sheesh, now all I can think about is yummy warm bread, fresh out of the oven.

Jake and Krista said...

Yea..Nancy is in our ward! She told us that she absolutely loves you guys. We actually went to one of her b-ball games tonight. she did great! And she is Lyssa's nursery teacher. My e-mail is:kristaatk@yahoo.com. Small world huh! Did you ever hear that I met Chy, Beckie's friend from H.S. when I first moved here!!?

Anonymous said...

OK, so I can't get the yeast breads right either, give me the recipe!!

Laura