Sunday, July 12, 2009

The greatest guy I know

My dad's the biggest guy, and my dad's the
strongest guy, and my dad's the nicest guy
of any guy in town. He can do anything, he'll
fix your bike, or fly a kite 'cause my dad, my
dad's the greatest guy around. He can throw
a ball so high you think it's gonna break the
sky; he knows the name of every kind of jet--
vroom! He can add up any sum, he always has
money for bubblegum, I haven't figured how
he does it yet, but my dad's the smartest guy,
and my dad's the bravest guy and my dad's
the neatest guy, it's positively so! Maybe I'll
introduce you, then you'll know that it's the
truth that my dad my dad's the greatest guy
you know.

This weekend was my dad's birthday. I have to
say that honestly, the words to the song (above)
pretty much sum up how I feel about my dad
and how I've always felt about him.

He really is the greatest guy I know. He supports
us in all we do and he will drop what he's doing
for us if we need him. I can always call him
because I know he can fix anything ( or knows
someone who can.) He is well known around town
and my sister and I joke that we still use our maiden
name for things because then they know we are
related to him (and often its not what you know, but
who you know).

My dad is funny about presents. He LOVES getting them.
Especially if its something he really wants. See below:



Here is my dad with Hannah on his lap, Liam
on the left and Garrett and Jayson on the right.
Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday.


This was a gallon of Reeds Dairy German
Chocolate ice cream-his favorite. Everytime
he goes in to the dairy he asks for it and every
time they say they are out. (My cousin used
to work there and says they aren't out...they
just keep it in the back.) So, we used our
insider info and had them "check in the back"
and get us a gallon.


Here's dad...opening the first of a series of
presents, all leading up to the real present at
the end. He was confused clear up to the end.
It was great!



Hmmm....see the confusion? "Whats this?
Mini Q-tips?"



Oooh, a box of bullets....see the excitement
is mounting. He gets this way...almost giddy
with excitement.


He is really getting into this. He gets a funny
grin on his face and makes a funny noise when
he really gets something he wants. Sounds kinda
like "Aha!"



Its a noisy cricket (anyone seen Men in Black?)
This is a gun that he has really wanted and is
hard to come by right now. It has a laser sight
on it that he is using to tease the cat. The cat
goes into wild animal/hunter mode when the laser
is out.


He loves this present, which makes the teasing
part-leading up to the actual gift- so much
more fun for us! (This present was from my
mom and all my siblings). If you don't know
already, my family is gun crazy. I'm the only
sibling without a concealed weapons permit.

So, if you can't tell yet...I love my dad!
Hannah is really crazy about him too! We all
love him lots! Here are some more nice things
said about my dad.









1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow, I haven't seen your dad in a LONG time. I'm lovin' the white hair :) I liked it when he subbed our sunday school class as a teenager. It seems no matter what the lesson was about, he would always lead us back to the BIG PICTURE. I've always remembered that.