Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Hannah turned 6 on September 8.  I can't believe she is so old already.  I took the day off work and we went to Rigby Lake (per her request) to spend the day with friends and family.  

Hannah requested a Hello Kitty cake this year.  Have I mentioned I hate making cakes?  Anyway, I think it turned out pretty cute.  She loved it, of course, and that is all that matters. 

Her birthday was on a Saturday this year and the day was gorgeous!  I am so glad we got to spend the day at the lake.  It was warm, no wind and hardly anyone at the lake-even better!   We had so much fun playing in the water.  We took lunch for all and then after playing for most of the afternoon, we headed back to our house.   Our awesome friends and family were there with us and I hope they had as much fun as we did!  Hannah was so happy to have them there!

She got to open a present at the lake.  It was a super soft stuffed dog and carrying case from our friends the Hopkins family.  Thanks guys!  She loves it! 
(*Sidenote:  Looking at these pictures makes me a little sad because this was really the last day of summer fun for us.  School had already started at this point.)

Back at home, here is the birthday girl with her cake.  

Blowing out all 6 candles, surrounded by friends and family!  

Some things about Hannah:  
-she still loves pink and anything pink.  
-she is in kindergarten, Mrs. Zaladonis is her teacher, and she LOVES school!
-while I can't remember how tall she is, she remembers that she weighs 42 pounds.
-she is just on the verge of reading like a pro.  She is sounding out everything in sigh!.
-she is our little artist.  she is always drawing pictures for us, her artwork is everywhere.
-her favorite foods are chicken rice casserole, watermelon, ramen noodles, apples, "banana cookies" (sliced bananas), baby carrots and no bake cookies.  (all per her telling me so).
-she has long hair, its slightly past her waist.  she wants to grow it out like Rapunzel.  
-she is such an awesome helper around the house with Blake and Ryan and anything I need her to do.

Hannah's birthday was such a great day.  I know she had a great time and felt loved.  Thanks so much to all our friends and family who spent the day with us!  We love you and we love this Hannah girl so much!!



No comments: