Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thats nuts!

So I have to tell you all about my new favorite snack. I'm usually a chocolate lover but I love this. My new favorite snack is almonds. A friend of mine at work had to go on a strict low carb diet and she found these and now I'm hooked. The brand I have in front of me is Blue Diamond and the label says they are oven roasted almonds. There are a few flavors like cinnamon and brown sugar, garlic & herb ( I think), plain and my favorite vanilla bean. They are lightly coated with the flavoring and are just yummy. Besides that, they are very healthy for you. A serving size is 24 nuts with 160 calories. Now don't get freaked out by the next part but they have 14 grams of fat per serving. Only 1 gram of that is the bad kind. But looking past that, and remember it the good kind of fat...the kind you need...they are chocked full of potassium and magnesium. The best part is they have 7 grams of carbs per serving BUT subtract the 3 grams of fiber and that equals only 4 grams of carbs per serving. Plus 6 grams of protein (thats a lot-look at labels). Anyway, I know I sound like a commercial or a nutritionist or whatever, but those numbers above mean these nuts taste good, are good for you, help you to feel full longer and keep you regular! Now thats a great snack! Oh, and the bottle is shaped like an hourglass. Subliminal messages anyone?

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Ooh I love almonds-- they are delicious mixed with dried cranberries -- little sweet and nutty!

Hailey Jones said...

That is nuts!!!;) I'll have to try some.