I have only been home from work 1 day but already I have cabin fever. Part of that was being cooped up at the hospital for the last 4 days and the other part is having horrible blizzard weather coupled with sick kids today. Knowing that I can't go anywhere even if I needed to. Not that I really want to brave the nasty roads. I just don't like the feeling of not being able to go anywhere. Oh well. What would I do if I was really snowed in??
TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. My dad. He came over this morning to have me do something but he took Garrett to work with him. Garrett loves going to work with grandpa. I don't know what they did today but Garrett had a great time. Plus, my dad brought back cat food. We were totally out.
2. For warm house. I know I've said that before but I mean it more than every today. I am thankful that it was warm in here while it was blizzarding outside. Plus my car stays free of snow and ice in the garage.
3. For friends that I can help and who help me. Last night the hospital was really cracking down on people not being able to make it to work. They offered beds to those who needed to go home, get a bag and come back to stay. I am thankful that I was able to help my friend D'Ann. She stayed at my house-on the couch. Which, I might add, she says is very comfy. I didn't sleep well last night worrying that she might not sleep well. She probably slept better than me.
4. I am thankful for TV. Tonight anyway. Blaine is working all night and I don't sleep well when he is gone. The TV is a nice distraction for me. He always tells me to go to bed early. Yeah, right. I don't relax well without him.
5. I am thankful for my cell phone. I can keep in contact with my hubby and my friends and know that they are safe when they are out in this miserable weather. With just a quick text message to them, I know they are OK. Or I can tell my hubby goodnight with just a quick note. Technology is wonderful when used correctly. I am very thankful for it. Plus I'm thankful it still works after I dropped it in the tub the other night.