Friday, November 5, 2010

Hard Work


I want to be kissed like this someday. My husband knows this. I want to look as pretty in my nurse's uniform with shapely legs like hers someday too! Dream on, Jodi. Dream on!

Today I am thankful for:

1. My job. I am happy to be a nurse and I am very thankful to have a job. I am thankful to work at a place I like, with awesome friends to work with. I am thankful that I get to help others and use the knowledge I obtained in school. My job is a challenge to my brain every day. I love it!

2. My husband's jobs. Yep, I said jobs. Plural. I know we are lucky to have 3 jobs between us when some people don't even have one. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that Blaine and I have such great jobs and that we work with such awesome people. I am thankful that Blaine works hard for us to help support me and our children.

3. I am thankful for my health. And sanity. (Whats left of it, anyway! Haha!) No really, I am so thankful that I am healthy enough to get up everyday and take care of myself, my kids, any one else's kids that come over and even other people. I am thankful for a body that does what I want it to (most of the time). I am thankful for a sound mind and a healthy body!

4. I am thankful for the people who stop to let me cross the street when I am coming or going to work. Thank you for not running me over. There have been times when I was sure the people weren't going to stop. To those of you who do, Thank you! My husband, children, family, friends and co-workers thank you too! It may seem like a small thing, but I don't like risking my life every day just to cross the street so I can go to work.

5. I am thankful for my vehicles. I am so thankful for two cars that work properly, that get me to where I need to go. I am thankful to those people who have fixed my cars when they don't work properly and I am thankful to those people, seen and unseen, who help keep my vehicles running. I know who you are and I am so thankful! It is a huge weight off my shoulders to know that when I get in the car, it will start and I will get there and back safely.

No comments: