Ok. My sister-in-law Kara posted this post the other day. I thought is was awesome and I'm going to copy her and try to do the same. I totally agree with Kara, though. I started reading NieNie Dialogues after stumbling across it from another web site. Wow! I was bawling my head off for days about my own selfishness. So, this excercise of thankfulness will be wonderful for me! So, the plan is for every day of November, I will post 5 things I'm grateful for. (Thanks Kara! Imitation is the best form of flattery!) Since I'm already 3 days behind, I'll just start with today.
November 3, 2010
1. I'm grateful for my husband. I can't imagine my life without him or with somebody else. I can very literally say he is my soulmate. When we first met, I felt like I had known him forever. I think we both knew, without saying anything to the other, that we would get married. He is the love of my life. He loves me and takes care of me like nobody else ever could! I love that he will wake me up before he leaves in the morning to kiss me goodbye and tell me he loves me. He always says "Love you!" before we hang up the phone too! He is one of the most important things in my life. I'm grateful to have him for eternity!
2. I'm grateful for each of my children. They are a gift from God to me. They make me laugh, they make me cry and sometimes they make me want to pull my hair out but in the end, I'd never given them up. I'd be a mama bear if anybody tried to hurt them. They say the funniest things. Just the other night I was clipping Garrett's toenails (gross, I know) and Ryan was kinda jumping on me at the same time. Garrett got all nervous and said, "You know, if you cut me with those things (clippers), Ryan owes me a toe." I totally busted up laughing. I love my kids!
3. I am grateful for my family. I love that I live close to them and that I get to see them all the time. It tears my heart up when we aren't getting along, which luckily we get along most of the time. I know that I can call on my family at any time and they will be there for me. I love them very much and hope they know it.
4. I'm grateful for Blaine's family. Bet some of you are surprised to hear that. I am really not quite the "outlaw" that I used to be and I really love and appreciate Blaine's parents and siblings. I know I can call on them at any time as well. I love you guys too!
5. Finally, I am grateful for my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I find a huge comfort and relief to know that I am never alone and that I can dump all my stress, fear, heartache, and pain on my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They comfort me and calm my wildly anxious heart. Again, cannot imagine my life without that knowledge.
Ok. These sound like really generic things to be grateful for. But everything I list comes from the deepest part of my heart. I have so much to be thankful for!