So today I am thankful for:
1. Lazy days. Ones where I don't really have anywhere to go or anything to do. And my hubby is home today which makes it even better. I am thankful for days like this where we just veg. Watch movies or whatever. We have plans with friends tonight which makes it that much more fun of a day!
2. Clean laundry. I like doing laundry. I really do. Just not the folding or putting away part. I especially hate folding the whites batch. Sorting socks is always at the bottom of my "to do" list. But, I do love having clean clothes in my closet and drawers. I am thankful too that when I run out of laundry soap, I can just make some soap and still have clean clothes. Besides that, fresh out of the dryer laundry smells so good!
3. I am thankful that my family lives close enough that I can use them for last minute babysitters for my kids. Lately I feel like I have used them a lot and I am thankful that they always say yes. Plus my kids love them!
4. I am thankful for sweet, innocent things my kids say to me that make me laugh. The other night I said something about a "New Hampshire accent" but Garrett said, "A new hamster accident, what?" That just made me laugh. He still didn't get it after I explained it. Hannah sometimes looks me in the eye and says, "Mom, I'm just a little kid." Yep Hannah, you are. But when she says that it makes me laugh. Ryan is so sweet. I say to him "guess what?" He always says "what?" Then I say "Love you!" and lately he says "love you" back to me but it comes out sounding like "woo woo". I am thankful for these small things that make me happy.
5. I am thankful for friends who make me try things I don't want to do. We went to dinner with friends tonight. Then, we played laser tag. I didn't want to play at first but it was a BLAST! Very fun and quite a good workout as well. Plus we were laughing so hard that it hurt to breathe. Thanks guys! I'm glad I went.