*click on the picture above to read the whole thing*
TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. The extra hour of sleep I'm planning on getting tonight. Although I don't really understand the need for daylight savings time now, I do enjoy the falling back part of it. I am thankful for that extra little hour of rest to help my body and mind renew for another day of work in the morning.
2. I'm thankful for running water. The other day my water was shut off by the city because of some construction they were doing up the street. I felt like "well, there is nothing I can do today because I have no water." Ridiculous, I know, but thats how I felt. Can't do dishes, can't wash clothes or scrub toilets. I felt slightly panicky when I came to the realization that if my water were shut off, the only way to get any would be through what I have stored. Scary!
3. I am thankful for my sense of sight. I am so thankful that there is modern medicine that can help me see better with the help of glasses or contact. I am thankful to be able to see the gorgeous fall colors that are all around me right now. I am thankful to be able to see my kids smiling faces when I walk in the door at night.
4. I am thankful for a sense of humor. It helps me to laugh when I really feel like crying and to help someone else laugh when they want to cry too.
5. I am thankful for chocolate. Sometimes when laughing won't keep you from crying, chocolate will. At least thats what I tell myself! Haha! Its my therapy.