Sunday, November 21, 2010

Its really here.


Winter is really here. For real. Yesterday it snowed and snowed. At one point in the afternoon, we watched it snow huge soft flakes. It seemed really quiet and peaceful. Tonight as I was leaving work, it was like a blizzard. The snow was light and powdery but blowing and drifting. My friend D'Ann helped me clean off my car. I was scraping windows on the drivers side and she was brushing off the trunk. Right as she pushed off a huge mound, the wind caught it and blew it right into my face! Whew! Talk about a wake up call. That was cold!

TONIGHT I'M THANKFUL FOR:

1. That I live as close to my work as I do. My drive home is not very long and I am thankful that I can get to and from work safely every day. Blaine too. I am even more thankful when the weather is as bad as it is. I worry about my friends with long drives home.

2. I am thankful for a garage to park my cars in. I am thankful that I don't have to scrape my windows in the morning and that I can just get in and go. I was especially thankful this morning because it was so cold outside.

3. I am thankful for my belief about what happens after this life. I am thankful to know that I can live with my family again after my life on Earth. I feel sad for people who think that this life is all there is. I can't imagine how sad that would be to think that when someone dies, that's it. Show over. I am thankful for the peace and happiness my knowledge and beliefs give me.

4. I am thankful to have health insurance. Even though it is expensive and I feel like I'm only working to pay for benefits, I'm still thankful for it. I am thankful for the peace of mind it gives me to know that if we get sick, we are covered. It will be OK.

5. I am thankful for a hubby that is willing to get up with sick kids in the night and let me sleep (if I'm working the next day). Hannah was coughing like crazy last night and he got up with her, gave her medicine and rocked in the rocking chair with her until she settled down again. He let me sleep so I would not be too grouchy for work. I am thankful for that sleep that I got. Too bad it didn't help the grouchiness! Ha ha!

No comments: