Friday, November 19, 2010

Its Monday...again.



So, its Friday. Thats my Monday at work. I work 4 days in a row and the 1st day is always Monday. Then the last day is Friday. It doesn't matter what day of the week it really is. But, for me Friday is Monday and Monday is Friday. Confused yet? Anyway...

TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:

1. Alarm clocks. I would never wake up on time. Ever. So, I am very thankful for the little alarm that goes off every morning to get me where I need to be on time. Plus, now that I use my cell phone as my alarm clock, I have way better sounds to wake up to than the old buzzer.

2. A husband that cooks. Blaine loves to cook and I am so glad that when I get home from work, I know that my kids have been fed and there is food waiting for me too. It has always been our unspoken rule that whoever gets home first makes dinner.

3. I am thankful that my ears did not hurt today. Because I didn't get a flu shot this year, I have to wear a mask at work. Fine. But it gets really miserable when the strings on your mask are making your ears hurt. Not today, though. So much more pleasant. And I was too. I'm always in a better mood when I'm not hurting.

4. I am thankful that I have a great boss who is able to come out of the office and help at the nurses station when things are crazy. Today was crazy at work. My boss spent most of the day helping us regain control. Not that we ever regained control but it was so nice to have her help. That is not the norm for most places in the hospital. I am very lucky to have a boss like that!

5. I am thankful for hot baths. I am such a bath person. At the end of the day, nothing relaxes me like a hot bath and a good book. In fact, I'm headed there now. I'm in the middle of a great book and I'm cold. Baths warm me through and help me sleep better. (Sounds like a baby, right?). Well, it works for me and I'm thankful that I can just turn on the tap, have hot water, soak for as long as I like and sleep great that night!



1 comment:

Purcellville said...

It is VERY nice when the hubby cooks huh! I know I love it when Doug does! Baths are my very favorite thing in the ENTIRE world well besides kissing on babies! Have a great Tuesday!