TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Variety. It really is the spice of life and living in Idaho, you get plenty of spice. You will never be bored with Idaho weather. Today (all before noon actually) we had wind, rain, snow and sun. This afternoon was mild enough that Garrett and friends went out to play without coats. (What a bad mother! Its November after all!)
2. Friends with skills and talents that are willing to share with me and my family. My friend Lorna came over yesterday and cut both Hannah and Ryan's hair. It is so nice to have friends with skills to share. I paid her with a new recipe and most of the ingredients. She told me today that it was a big hit. I am thankful for all my friends who are willing to share all of their skills and talents with me, especially things that are hard for me that come easy for them. I hope that they feel that I share with them as well. (Mostly, I just try to bribe people with food!)
3. I am thankful for a reliable car to get me where I need to go. Earlier this summer, the vehicle wasn't so reliable. It made me scared to drive it, in fact. But, with some help (and divine intervention) the car runs great. For this I am truly thankful.
4. I am thankful for Thomas the Train. Weird, huh? Well, yesterday while Lorna was cutting Ryan's hair, we set him up in the booster chair with a Thomas movie playing. He held stone still. No tears. This is the first time EVER! Usually I have to hold him as he buries his face in my neck while Lorna tries to cut one side, then the next. In the end, the job is done, we are all exhausted and Ryan and I both have to take a shower.
5. I am thankful for medicine. Hannah had a little fever tonight. Not enough to worry about but enough to make her cold and uncomfortable. I am thankful for Tylenol and Motrin. Without them we'd be in world of hurt (literally) and I am thankful they help my babies feel better.