TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. My dishwasher. And garbage disposal. I can live without both. I have done so many times. But...they are such nice conveniences that I uses multiple times a day. They speed up the process of doing dishes so I have more time to spend with my family.
2. I am thankful that my husband is not a picky eater. I tried a new recipe tonight. Two new recipes, actually. I don't think my kids ate any of it. I thought is was mediocre at best but Blaine never said a word. He ate everything on his plate and told me it tasted good. I don't think he was lying but I guess you'd have to ask him. I have ideas for how to "fix" it if I choose to make it again but I am so thankful that Blaine doesn't complain. He just eats what I fix and is happy to have it.
3. I am thankful for people who are in tune enough to call me when I most need it. And let me cry on their shoulder when I'm not even sure what I am crying about. And to make me laugh so I'll stop crying. (What a bawl baby!). You know who you are. Thanks for the phone call.
4. I am thankful tonight that I was able to find some scrubs that fit. The hospital where I work is changing our dress code and the nurses will all wear navy blue now. The hospital is assisting us with purchasing some new scrubs and the scrub company reps were here this week. Monday I went and tried some on and left very disappointed. I went back tonight with Blaine and we were both able to find scrubs that fit. I am very thankful for this and it is a huge load off my mind about what I was going to wear to work.
5. Finally, I am thankful for this. I makes me cry every time I watch it. It reminds me of what is important and to not take anything for granted. It helps me re-prioritize my life. It reminds me of what I am thankful for. Thank you. I cry when I watch this, not because I am sad about what happened to them (I am) but I cry for myself and my own selfishness. I hope you watch it and I hope it touches you like it has touched me.