TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Leftovers. Funny thing to be thankful for, right? Well, I don't particularly like leftovers but if we have leftovers, it means we have enough to eat. More than enough, actually. I know we are blessed that we have enough for our needs-and then some. I am doubly thankful for leftovers because that means I have lunch tomorrow at work (or home). And it usually means my hubby packed my lunch (which I love!). And it means that whatever is in my lunch bag tastes a heck of a lot better than whatever I would scrounge up at work!
2. I am thankful for warm coats. And hats, mittens, boots, and snow pants. I am thankful that each of my children and my husband and myself has all of these things. I am thankful that we can stay warm and dry when we are outside working or playing in the snow. Again, I know we are blessed to have these things.
3. I am thankful for recipes. Recipes that help me make tasty food, or fun things for my kids, or even help me be resourceful at home. For instance, I ran out of laundry soap the other day. I am thankful that I have a recipe for homemade laundry soap and that I had thought ahead to have the ingredients on hand. I have recipes for lots of homemade things like, soap, window cleaner, bisquick, cream of something soup, etc., etc. I am thankful that I have these things available to me. It helps me continue to take care of my family in a way that doesn't break the bank and still gets a satisfactory job done.
4. I am thankful for the 4 walls that surround me. I am thankful that I have a shelter from the elements and it just happens to be one I love dearly. I am thankful that I can make my house a home; a sanctuary from the world and that when the tempest is raging outside, my family and I can feel peace inside.
5. I am thankful for a good work ethic. I was thinking about this tonight as my kids were helping me unload the dishwasher. It is something I am trying to instill in them. That if something is hard, you probably don't have a choice to quit, just work harder. Get the job done and do a good job regardless. This is something I was taught by my parents, something that was taught to them by their parents and so on and so forth. It is one of the most important things I learned from my parents.